Device Unlock is an Android app that allows you to request and apply a mobile device unlock directly from the device. This allows you to automatically apply Mobile Device Unlock to the device without using a manual code. When your phone is locked with “Mobile Device Unlock” it’s totally useless to order an unlock code.
Only supported devices (see below) may download the app or have it pre-installed. Supported devices may download the app from: Google Play.
|Supported Models from T-Mobile USA||Supported Models from MetroPCS USA|
It’s very important to order the unlock service of your Cell Phone using the correct service.
How to apply a “Mobile Device Unlock”
- From that Application list, tap Device Unlock.
- Tap Continue.
- Choose the desired device unlock type: Permanent Unlock
- If successful, restart the device to apply the settings.
Note: If you do not restart the device, you will have a persistent alert in the notification tray.
Troubleshooting “Mobile Device Unlock” app
- Check that you have an active data connection.
- Clear the application cache.
- Check that the device memory is properly managed.
- Restart the device and try again.
If you receive an error, review the following table for troubleshooting:
|Error Message||Information / Troubleshooting|
|Device not recognized by your service provider. Please call customer care.||
|Data corrupted during transfer. Please try again.Error during data transfer. Please try again.||
|Server not responding. Please try again later.||
|Failure in processing the request. Please reboot device and try again.||
|Unlock Failed: Unlock Approved : Mobile Device is permanently unlocked||
|No internet connection available. Please try again when internet connection is available.||
|Unable to connect to the server at this time. Please try back again later.||
|Unlock Failed: This mobile wireless device is not eligible for unlock. For Device Unlock eligibility details, please go online or contact Customer Care.||
|Unlock Failed : System maintenance error, try again later.||
|Failure in applying the unlock settings. Please try again.||
- Make sure you use the original Stock ROM (no custom Firmware like CyanogenMod, or Unbranded ROM).
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of Firmware for your Cell Phone.
- Finally (after upgrade) perform a Hard Reset on your Cell Phone.
- Turn off 3G/LTE and force the use of a local WiFi Hotspot.
- Make sure you use home Wifi (and not a public/company WiFi since they might limit somehow your internet usage).
Select one of these two services below to unlock with “Mobile Device Unlock“